Council Code of Conduct
When becoming members of the NORD Corporate Council, companies must accept and adhere to the following Code of Conduct outlining NORD’s interactions with its Corporate Council members:
- The purpose of the Corporate Council is to discuss issues of common interest related to orphan product development with the ultimate goal of developing safe, effective diagnostics and treatments for patients.
- Corporate Council members must understand and respect that NORD is the voice of the 30 million Americans with rare diseases and, as such, must always be guided by its determination of what is in the best interests of the patient community.
- Corporate Council members must understand and respect NORD’s need to remain neutral with respect to specific products or services.
- NORD must maintain independence in its advocacy positions and initiatives, which are formulated by senior staff, the board of directors, and NORD’s medical advisors.
- NORD must maintain independence in the editorial content of its educational materials.
- Corporate Council members should seek to work in an active partnership among patients, health professionals, and industry.